It’s Day 27 – and we’re tackling those DVDs! My wonderful children (I include my husband in this category) have a habit of taking whatever DVD has been left in the DVD player, and placing it randomly in the drawer, or in whatever DVD cover they happen to be holding at the time!
My challenge involved:
- Checking that each DVD cover housed the correct movie.
- Throwing away any DVDs that were irreparably scratched.
- Removing anything that the children have outgrown or which we will never watch again.
- Sorting the remaining DVDs by category.
As you can imagine, we discovered some old favourites, added some new items to our DONATE pile, and <drumroll> the drawer can now close properly!
I also found some clever ideas for those of you look for new storage solutions:
- Such a great idea from I Heart Organzing and so easy to maintain!
- Love these movie sleeves – another great idea!3. The Shabby Chic route – an old drawer that has been tipped on its side to house DVDs (or books).4. Another inexpensive and unique idea – make a DVD “bookcase” from old pallets or crates.
You can visit my “Simpler DVD Storage” board on Pinterest for more ideas! Good luck!