It’s Day 18, which means it’s time to head to the LINEN CUPBOARD. I can hear you squealing with glee already!
Today’s focus is entirely on towels – bath towels, swimming towels, gym towels and spare towels. For me, the best way to complete this challenge in record time was to create various piles:
- Main bathroom – four bath sheets and two hand towels (two bath sheets and one hand towel is used at a time, plus a spare set)
- Girls’ bathroom – four bath towels and two hand towels (two bath towels and one hand towel is used at a time, plus a spare set)
- Upstairs cloakroom – four hand towels (two at a time, plus a spare set)
- Guest towels – four fluffy white towels
- Swimming towels – eight (one for each family member plus a spare each)
- Gym towels – two
- Spare towels – two older towels for washing the dogs
It made more sense for me to do it this way – to create piles of what we needed, as opposed to subtracting what we didn’t.
I also quickly sorted through our bath mats and face cloths at the same time, and happily relocated the excess to my donate pile in the garage. My linen cupboard looks so much better already – especially as I obsessively folded all the towels using the Perfect Housewife’s towel folding method. (I can’t help it, it makes me happy!)
And as always, here’s a little inspiration photo to keep you focussed. I love the way this blogger has used a basket filled with rolled up towels – the perfect solution for my swimming towels (as they’re all various sizes and difficult to keep tidy)!
Image source: How to Decorate